Friday, February 17, 2006

It's not so simple.

That's what the doctor said. It's a nice way of saying you have cancer. What the fuck?! This has got to be unreal! I can't drive away from this, I can't wake up from this, and goddamn it, there's no bad trip to come down from!

It's funny I understand the figure of speach "There are no atheists in a fox hole." I've caught myself praying, and I don't know exactly what this thing is that I'm praying too. I honestly don't believe in that desertgod that most of the world prays to, but I prayed to something...

Now I've been told to either cut the breast off completely or risk looking "udderly" ridiculous. After the last one I can see the difference in sizes between my breasts. I used to love my itty-bitty titties. Their shape just never changed much, but after a biopsy and a lumpectomy both taking out about 75% of mam tissue well....My little A left went even smaller than my little A right.

So, I'm gonna have one real tata and a lump of flesh, plastic, and liquid simulating a tata. I actually toyed around with th idea of leaving it. An asymetrical field glaring and daring the world to behold it's outrageous deformity brought on by a grotesque disease and retaliated by an even more grotesque "treatment". In that place I want a tatoo to symbolize the shape of the thing lost. I was thinking of tattooing Sam Donaldson in his early years in place of my beloved ta. Him or W. C. Fields. I think Fields' nose would be perfect for a nipple while I love Donaldson's eyebrows.

I'm just glad that the cut and paste section of this is almost finished. I want to thank you Goddess Friends for supporting me. I love that you guys try to help in what ways you can for Kalli and me. I think we're all lucky to know each other. Goddess bless and goodnight!

6 comments:

Megan Stuke said...

Thanks for writing this. You are braver than I ever will be or ever want to have to be. Whatever you do, you'll be gorgeous.
xoxoxoxo

el.dude said...

Your strength is amazing. I'm so fucking impressed.

gb said...

I love you.

Rikki said...

I read a beautiful article by this woman in her early 30s who had breast cancer. She ended up tattooing a little heart with wings where her nipple used to be. The tattooist did it for free, even, because his mother also had breast cancer. Anyway, I'll try to find it because at the time I was amazed by the way she told her story.

Thanks for the update. Let me know if I can do anything.

Rikki said...

Here it is:

http://www.whyiworelipstick.com/

Rikki said...

thanks for having us over last night. we'll have to get the kiddos together soon. lemme know if i can help out during your recovery, too