Saturday, March 31, 2007

What's your favorite Disney movie?

I was asked that question yesterday. My imediate response was "The Jungle Book". I love the music. It's so positive, fun, and danceable. It's not swooshy. I hate swooshy movie music. The song I was thinking of in particular was " I want to be human too". The asker was thinking "The Bear Neccesities". Hmm…Two damn good songs.

Fastforward to this morning.

I ran away to the bathroom to get away from bats and ogres that lurk in my home. yes. I'm bitchy too, but I could minimize the probability of an episode if I hide. Stress was bubbling up in my stomach and my teeth were getting achy from clenching them. Then in pops :

Look for the Bear neccesities
the simple bear neccesities
don't worry about your problems
or your strife

I started singing outloud in the bathtub. I'm a bather not a showerer. ahhh. It's such a bouncy happy go lucky song. The stress was brought down to a simmer, and after a few moments was gone. It's the silly things in life that keep me going.

Now I'm going to go tackle that whole "needing a home" thing.

3 comments:

Goddess Moxie said...

Aladdin is by far my favorite, also because of the music.

I actually learned to play it all on the piano. I'm not very good at it, but you can kind of sort of tell that that's what I am playing.....after I tell you its the theme to Aladdin.

Or at least people nod like they can tell after I identify it for them.

Megan Stuke said...

Don't hate me, but I hate disney.

Enarda said...

I hate Disney too. Not because they recognize lbg partner benefits but because of their monopolizing and tyrannical business practices and silly adherence to gender role crap that I try desperately to erase from my kids' behavior.

My BFF just knew that I needed a pick-me-up and what better way than to remember some happy overcoming difficulty cartoon and its music?