Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's the MOST wonderful time of the yeeaarr......



I need to do this more often! I get so excited for this project every year, and there's no wonder why. I love the gooieness and the mess. I adore toasted seeds with garlic salt. I love making my kids feel warm and tingly inside. I love feeling that way too.

This year is a first in a long time for us. We have a pumpkin for PA. His is the crazy looking one in the lower left. PA's never been around for pumpkin carving (still hasn't), but this year will be a first since Pinkie was a baby that he'll be around for trick or treating. I wonder how he'll handle the crowd, the noise, and the candy frenzy.

I always drink a bunch of coffee before we leave, so I can keep up with the little Zippy Zingers. After that just so I can go to sleep, I drink a few beers. My favorite is stopping at Freestate. Last year I ended up at Bertha's before the long trek back into JOCOland. This year I can just walk across the street. Yay! No driving long distances! At least for trick or treating.

The line up for the squash goes like this:

Pinkie, Zilla
PA, Enarda

I think they're all quite fitting, don't you?

4 comments:

Rikki said...

awesome!

Heather said...

That's some fine carving there, Missy!

el.dude said...

Perfect!

Enarda said...

Thank you! I love 'em!