Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No, I don't care if I'm classist

I love this town. I've felt safe here and wanted to raise my babies here. I remember walking late at night after the bars closed by myself and not feeling too uncomfortable. That of course was pre-baby and crazy marriage (10 years ago). This town was so safe and welcoming.

Now I'm pissed and slightly Unnerved. PA was mugged last week. By privileged college boys. Smashed a bottle on his head, kicked him in the ribs a couple of times when he was unconscious on the ground, and took off with his wallet. They took off with our rent. Effing effers.

It's not bad enough to have a relationship hanging on by a monofilament, but add the financial shit (and shit it is), I'm about to have another nervous breakdown. I can not afford that. I don't know anyone who can really. There is one lesson that I learned and I've really tried not to accept it but I'm weak and now I don't like/trust frat boys. Point out more than a few good ones, and I'll change my mind. Ok. I had those feelings while in college, but it's been so long, and I forgot about the little trustfund bastards.

You'd think their parents would instill a conscientious philosophy like ummm...don't steal especially from the poor. I know after a point you can't do a thing about it, but I swear if my kids turn out like that I'll spank the crap out of them. I don't care how old they (or I) might be.

Aahhh. Panic attack over. Breathing coming back to normal. Not a drop of beer in the house.

Hmmm...Panic attack coming back.

3 comments:

Megan Stuke said...

You are going to get through this. It's a bump - shitty shitty shitty one.

You'll find yourself in a few months or a year in a really relaxed place and this will be a faint memory. Things are getting better - they really really are.

You'll find your way, and it will be a good good way.

Redhead Fae said...

I agree about the over-privileged shitheads. I fixed a friend of mine's nose after he got jumped in front of me right off Mass St, by three of those fuggers.
And then there's the beating that Jeffrey took in front of the REplay, also done by that "class" of boys. I don't trust most of them, and that comes from seeing how spoilt rich children act.

Rrrawr.

Redhead Fae said...

I agree about the over-privileged shitheads. I fixed a friend of mine's nose after he got jumped in front of me right off Mass St, by three of those fuggers.
And then there's the beating that Jeffrey took in front of the REplay, also done by that "class" of boys. I don't trust most of them, and that comes from seeing how spoilt rich children act.

Rrrawr.