Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ok. Chemo starts tomorrow. I'm ok aside from an embarrassing bit of crying on the front porch at FS Monday. To get ready for this I got the Pinkie vaccinated for Kindergarten, got the chihuahuas vaccinated before they become rabid, and I've cleaned cleaned cleaned every fucking inch of my pigsty except for my room. It's still an absolute fright. Eh. Administrative paper cowpoop that keeps piling up just showcasing my half assed attempts at managing my life!

You know I think I've done more preparation for this than for my pregnancies. Ok, maybe not. I didn't scrub light switches or mouldings. Damn. I definitely got fewer presents. Maybe...people could have chronic illness showers! Complete with pretty packages and potato salad. Maybe those silly mints that you see at weddings and showers. They could be colored according to the representative color of the individual sicknesses.

Tomorrow I think I'll force my mom to sit through a kung fu movie while I get my injection. I'll let ya'll know how delightful it is. I'm talking chemo not my mother.

4 comments:

Rikki said...

dang. good luck. I'll be thinking of you...for what that's worth.

el.dude said...

Let us know what you need and when you need it.

Megan Stuke said...

I'm happy to make potato salad and bring a present to your chronic illness party. Tell me when. I make a mean potato salad by the way. It has artichoke hearts in it.

Enarda said...

Damn! Potato salad with artichoke hearts in it! What a great idea. Just tarty and briny enough.