Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dj Shadow has song called "Midnight in a Perfect World". I heard it the other morning, and it got me to thinking. What does he mean by "perfect"? The song is beautiful and only slightly melancholic. Great for driving on a quiet city highway if that could be possible.

I kept thinking. Silly, It's already perfect. We have extremely beautiful and precious and extremely painful and horrible events that happen each every second this place (earth) exists. Hey. I got cancer. Someone else raised their offspring into adulthood without a hitch. Genocide is occuring in the Dar Fur. The plants are waking and blooming. Slavery exists. My dear friend Marty is helping rescue women and girls out of it right here in the USA. See? Beauty and divine along with demonic and sick.

I know this heavy and cheesy. It's just the stuff I'm thinking about. So then what am I getting at? Well let's see. I don't consider this hell. I don't consider this heaven. I know folk who believe these ideas. I don't believe in them now or after this existence. One without the other seems sorta....unharmonious. If in order to have life there must be other life to feed off of. That life then dies. So how can this system be considered "imperfect" when everything (lifecycles and what not) is set up so perfectly?

How can I think "perfect" with my left tit gone? My existence and those of others that I hold very very dear don't really matter much in the grand scheme of things. We're insignificant. You guys ARE significant to me but not to nature. Things get shit on without it being personal. I understand this and hold no grudges. I just want this rollercoaster of a life to calm down and roll without the crazy peaks and valleys.

3 comments:

Megan Stuke said...

Maybe we should convert to Judaism. Let's look into it. I like their talk of heaven and hell. (or the lack thereof).

I'm coming by tonight with enchiladas. My week's been crazy but I'm re-dedicated now to organization and visits.

xoxoxoxo

el.dude said...

On of my favorite quotes that I try to us in BOTH good and bad times to ground myself is:

Be Grateful. You are in the Right Place at the Right Time.

Enarda said...

yeah, but you'd have to reread my earlier rants about the desertgod thing. I have issues with Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Silliness. Interesting. Did heaven come into the fray when the Jews started covorting with Gentiles? I mean Hel was a woman, that according the Germanic(?) mythology, was the queen of the underworld. Niel Gaiman's Sandman had her sort of depicted as Death. A lovely lady that sort of looked like Siouxie from Siouxie and the Banshees.