Friday, August 11, 2006

My week has delightful.

I learned a lot like I'm a wiennie. There's no complaining when there's babies out there who go through 30 treatments of chemo with heavier drugs than what I have to deal with. My heart goes out them and their families.

I got A LOT of yard work done and found out that the reason why I've gotten so tired and dizzy was cuz I'm anemic again. Whatever...get a shot and it goes away. I still have work to do, but the weather is cooperating and the yard is coming together. So if you're coming on Sunday no talking about various holes and weeds throughout the yard! There's a lot to do.

Tennessee Tilly (ex-mom-in-law) who's extremely conservative (public schools shouldn't exist and America is god's gift to the Earth kind) sent me one of those cutesy emails people send. What sets this one apart from the other 1,000,000 cutesy emails she's sent is that it ends with this quote: Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. hmmm....... She did spawn my ex...

I have woken up every morning this week singing these lyrics:

I can see the light of a clear blue morning
I can see the light of a brand new day
And everything's gonna be alright
yes, everything's gonna be alright...

You get the idea. Now it's off to the Elvis Parade!

5 comments:

Rikki said...

What??? An Elvis parade??

Enarda said...

Yes, today! For 19 years KC has had the largest in the nation. It's at noon today in downtown kc!

el.dude said...

Keep your phone on, I may kidnap Gypsy and meet you there!

Megan Stuke said...

Sorry we missed you, but thanks for being the inspiration for our covert trip away from work and to the Elvis Fest!

It was totally worth the construction and traffic and taco bell we snarfed in the car for lunch!

What are the details on Sunday?

xoxoxox

gb said...

So happy to read about your good vibes. Can't wait to see you on Sunday.

yard work? what's that? I do not know this yard work you speak of.