Sunday, May 27, 2007

1 year

It's been one year. One long LONG year. Actually one long 16 months, but who's counting? I've been through the most mentally and physically changing experience that I've ever had the pleasure(?) to endure. My political and spiritual beliefs have been hardened since I've been living here. The desire to control my life's outcome is...how shall I say...more fiery. I've been working through depression and an uncertainty about my life that brings me to tears when I think of my kids.

My breast MRI from last week came out clear. I figured that since I didn't hear from them until a few days later when a letter came in the mail. The morning of the letter, me and the Judybat talked over our most feared words.

Interesting. Not so simple. Don't like the looks of it.

We talked about how we didn't hear the phone ring. During those times right after a test you're nervous and scared. I know my chances are around 84% survival for the next 10 years, but that 16% brings me to my knees. Someone has to be that. There has to be population control. That's what disease is for. So I'm still scared, but the further I get out I feel a little better.

Something good!

I move on Friday into an adorable house with garden! Tomorrow PA paints the kitchen and livingroom, and we go get the other colors. The landlord is paying us back for the costs of the paint. So it's not all doom and gloom with me! We're still alive and kicking, and we can't wait to get back to a town we consider HOME.

3 comments:

gerhard schaap said...

MY NAME IS GERHARD FROM SOUTH AFRICA.IT SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN TROUGH A LOT,ALL THE BEST FOR YOU.

gb said...

Hey beautiful, I'm so happy to hear about the MRI. Sorry I've been so distracted lately, and unable to help with the move! I can't wait to come over and see your new pad!!

xoxoxoxo

Redhead Fae said...

*nudge* it's been a month, you need to blog!

Roya, who luvs ya!