Wednesday, July 18, 2007

There's always room

It's been a long time since I really blogged intellegently. I have no excuse except that I just don't have it in me. Processing things come at very odd times and when there's no computer around like driving down the higway at breakneck speeds. Thank goddess I'm not around a computer 24/7. I could just imagine what I'd be like, I'd be more socially inept practically autistic.

Right now I'm trudging along as best as I can. Please don't think me rude if I want to sit quietly. I'm acting childish. I know that. I keep telling myself that this isn't a lot, but I'm wondering how you single moms have balanced work, school, boyfriends, children, and personal time. Not to mention my masochistic ass wants gardening, pets, and getting in shape shoved in there somewhere. I know it can fit in there...

Wow. some of you have PHD's.

How many hours are there? Seriously. I know I can squeeze something else into my schedule. You see right now I'm procrastinating a final project/presentation I have to give on Monday. I haven't really done a damn thing on it. And here I am complaining about it like some college kid without a complicated family situation or a job that wreaks havoc on my neck.

I am getting a new desk, so I don't want anyone thinking I'm being...ahem...problematic. I learned that word in art school. It was very popular when discussing aspects to a project that just didn't work properly. See! We had to use large words when making pretty things (or in my case thought provoking things)

My stuff just isn't pretty. It's delightful, but you wouldn't put it on a Chick-lit book cover or anything. It's too visceral, and there's not enough shopping bags. But art is not the topic. My procrastination and time (in)efficiency is.

Hmm...I'm taking suggestions from the peanut gallery on how to properly balance all of these aspects.

4 comments:

Megan Stuke said...

It's never all done perfectly. I don't have any kids, but I have worked full time and gone to grad school full time both at the same time, and tried to have a social life, boyfriend, coaching job, and home.

Something always suffers. But that's okay. Just do what's on the top of the pile, keep your paycheck coming, and have some fun at least once a week!

Rikki said...

Let me know if you figure it all out. I'm open to suggestions myself. blah.

Redhead Fae said...

Don't sweat the stuff that doesn't get done while you're busy doing that stuff that needs to be done. That's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it.

I really think my philosophy is also summed up in the last paragraph of this article:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27698

"They wanted to go for the brass ring and really live the good life," Braxton said. "What they don't seem to get is that the key to living the good life is to avoid that brass ring like the fucking plague."

el.dude said...

Just be ok with getting a B- in most things, most days.

Hope to see you now that summer school is over!