Wednesday, July 25, 2007

No more teachers. No more books.

At least for 2.5 weeks. The last day of class for the summer. For the past couple of class periods we've been tortured by dreaded classroom presentations. After chemo I've lost most of what little patience I had, and now...well the best way I can I describe it is...think of driving in a 40 mph zone behind a weaving old person with cataract glasses going at least 15 mph under while you have have HAVE to go to the bathroom and your 2 usually sweet, mild mannered children are booming songs about Stan the Lavatory Man and songs about nibbling on mice feet in the back seat.

Ok. It's not quite THAT bad, but you get my drift...I'm seriously impatient.

I carpooled with the sweetest 19 girl to school. She didn't remind me of myself at that age. I said she was cute not surly and drunk. It is this girl that the whole female population in the class was thankful for. Little angel that she is.

Her presentation was the last one. We were all itchin' to get the hell out of there. Even the teacher was excited to get away. She came up to the front of the class to do the required Power Point Presentation. She had a cheerleader in the back encouraging her to go as fast possible. She started her presentation complete with an interviewed of a professional designer. It was this professional designer that stopped everything in its tracks.

On one of the pages, she had the designer's picture. He was delightful to look at, and every female (teacher included) agreed loudly that he was beautiful. mmm...the presentation slowed down from there, and any and all questions were directed to the man who was interviewed. Topic be damned.

"How old is he?" "Does he have a wife/girlfriend?" "Could you just turn the page back one more time?"

Ahhh...it was a great way to finish an evening summer class. I mean seriously I love sitting on my porch as soon as I get home almost until I go to bed. I certainly didn't want to hole my summer evenings up in a meatlocker of a classroom. So yah after sitting through boring student research presentations, it was great to see the entire female population bonding over one sultry picture of a steamy man.

I just felt bad for the guys in there.

eeh. Screw 'em.

No comments: