Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm hairy. At least I let myself go to see how hairy I could get. It's pretty hairy. I was actually afraid to shave anything for fear of slight nicks turning into ghastly infected sores. I'm slightly paranoid right now.

Has anyone ever waxed their pubes? You know how it hurts like an MFer? Well, with this you don't feel anything. That's a plus. Right? That the one good thing about chemo is that I won't have to shave, pluck, trim, or wax anything! It just falls out with a slight tug from a comb or a finger. I was mesmerized today in the shower. The process has already started. I was told to expect it on the 17th day, but I was also told that if I get sick at all it'd be the day after the treatment. So go figure. I'm getting this early too.

Wow. What will my cranium look like? Pumpkin? Pinhead? Charlie Brown? Sloth (Goonies)? I'm kind of excited that I'll be able to turn geeks on now. Geeks not nerds or dorks. There is a difference even if it's small. I'll just tell them that I have an affection for the VGER lady in that Startrek movie, and watch the trekkies quiver. Goddess, that's sad way to get a jolly but I need fun too.

I'm still on the look out for a henna arteest to design my scalp. So if you hear of any please let me know. I don't know how long the balding will take, but it won't be long now.

8 comments:

el.dude said...

Hair or no hair, you are a hottie.

HOTTIE -it is true.

Megan Stuke said...

Rae (Roya) does henna art. I've never seen her work but I mentioned this to her and she's all for doing you up. She thinks its a fabulous idea.

You are lovely, and will be one of those lucky peope who look cool and sexy without hair.

xoxoxoxoxo

Rikki said...

You'll be able to work it. You're a natural beauty.
When's the next dose?

Enarda said...

My next dose is today at 1:30. I've already had a freak out cry session and freak out yell "my house is a sty" session. Now I'm going to take the happy pill my octor gave me.

Enarda said...

You all know I'm seeing a doctor and not an "octor", right?

Megan Stuke said...

I want to see an octor. Sounds like someone who hands out Willie Wonka esque candies and everything is in neon.

Rikki said...

an octor requires batteries, but totally worth it.

Enarda said...

Wow. Maybe I should 8 octors. I could get a whole rainbow of colors.