Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I was nervous and embarrassed about my shaved head. I still don't like males staring at me. That happened this morning at a gas station where there were swarming landscapers and contactors. PA was kind and told me I was still beautiful when he noticed my reaction to the situation.

Later in the morning I took a shower. I now have less hair than my last boyfriend. I'm going to have PA bic it when PA gets home. It's funny cuz now even though I cried about the cancer, I have more confidence about the hair (scalp) thing. It's true. Baldness can be liberating and strangely beautiful. I kind of like it.

It's obvious that I have the esteem of a lowly worm, and I used my hair as a security blanket to shield me from (supposed) looks and judging of folk that don't mean a damn thing in my life. Silly goose that I am. In my younger years I found shocking behavior hilarious, but as an adult I didn't want to be looked at by anyone. Now I'm going to test myself even more. I will have to find my worth and beauty without some of the things that women make worthy (beautiful).

I don't like saying that but deep down or even at the surface we all have to acknowledge the societal temperaments towards "accepted" beauty. I'm not talking about personal preference, but generalized attitudes even the most stout hearted people can unwittingly take to heart and mind.

I think everyone of you is gorgeous. I don't flatter and can't stand insincerity. I don't like sameness. I get bored easily. Thank Goddess ya'll are different. Goddesses and Queens. You know there's a few fellas I have to acknowledge as well. Mazel Tav to you all!

6 comments:

el.dude said...

I heard that you stopped by the FS on Monday before I arrived and you looked beautiful. No surprise. Your beauty needs no hair!

Yoga this weekend? It is our last class! I hope you are feeling strong enough to go.

Love you!

Rikki said...

Well, not just any woman can pull off the bald look. But you really rock it. And you don't look the least bit sick, even though I know you've been feeling like shit. I think you're beautiful with or without hair.
It was good seeing you Monday night. See you this weekend?
s.w.a.k.

Enarda said...

I'll be at Gypsy's on Friday for sure!

Thanks, ladies. I needed to hear some encouragement. It's only temporary this sickness and "look".

Megan Stuke said...

I think you should consider nearly-baldness even after your hair comes back. It suits you. You look sexy and chic and confident.
xoxoxoxoxo

gb said...

Can't wait to see you Friday!

And I agree -- you looked stunning. But then I've always told you you give good face.

:)

xoxoxooxxo

Megan Stuke said...

THANK YOU for the hybiscus!!! I'm so excited to pot them. You're WONDERFUL.
xoxoxoxoxo