Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hmmm. Vaccines are invented to rid society of communicable diseases. Right? Well that's what I thought, so for the last week I've been pondering about the Minizilla's fever, cough, achiness, etc... So after only one day on the new job and now two days at home with a sick zilla and bored 4 year old (thanks to babydaddy showing up late and three sheets to the wind from night before),I have found out that Minizilla has CHICKEN POX! Hunh?!

Do you recall the commercial of the kids giving funny answers to questions about diseases that we unfortunate adults had to suffer through in childhood? I do. I want to smack that PR man at Merck. Damn! Where's Amy Goodman and Jerry Brown when you need a consumer advocate and media outlet to inform the world of this travesty and sham!

I have had a grump-a-thon this morning that would make the Grinch proud. Grrr, I still say, but after a conversation that the entire nieghborhood woke up to and some serious theraputic cleaning, I can now calmly talk to the passed out Assooze in my son's room without wanting to kill him (ASS not MZ). Well, sort of. GRRR.

I am positive though and I do have things that make me thankful, grateful, whatever. I am glad that MZ got sick during a time when he'll only miss 2 days. I'm glad to have found a great Persian restuarant last weekend that you all have got to try! I'm glad Pinkie ain't sick. (cross my fingers) I'm glad to know you ladies and gents! I'm glad for the time to devote to my creative side. I'll be glad not to be let go from this newly acquired job. I'm glad to have a caring mutt to cuddle up with. We both need heat rocks in cold weather. I think I'll ask for one for Christmas.

So if Goddess Pheonix (Mazzy? I like Pheonix, great alegory!) reads this...sorry to have missed your birthday, and sorry GDs for missing "Thank you" dinner at FS last night. I was a little busy. Happy Women-Do-The-Work-Only-To-Thank-A-Man-God-Who-Had-Nothing-To-Do-With-It Day!

2 comments:

Rikki said...

I had chicken pox my senior year of high school. At least you're getting it out of the way while they're young. Cleo had the vaccine, too...we'll see if that works out. I heard the pox are all around town right now. Ick.

Megan Stuke said...

I have another friend whose 9 year old daughter got it even after the vaccine, but I think the case was less severe because of it, if that's any consolation.

F'ing drug companies.