Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It's been a coming...now it's time to brag about the Pinkie...We had parent/teacher conferences at her PRESCHOOL last week. Why four year olds need those is beyond me. I have problems with religion and uptights as you all know, and this place is (ack) religious and (ick) uptight. There's only the facade of laid backness, but really they're anal diamond producers.

So, why I am proud of my little Pinkie? Good question, I guess. I think it's rather obvious though...they described her as friendly, but in a couple different places they described her as being direct, unique, and (my favorite) rude. Twice rude was used. I laughed at that much to the teachers' consternation. She "had trouble transitioning from an outside voice to an inside voice". I laughed at this too. Redirection was used a lot! They very politely described instances where it seemed like she gave up working a partner and walked away. I know this routine. She was either throwing a bitch fit or the other kid was just not stimulating enough. I laughed here as well.

I think they were being "kind". What they said could've been seen as left handed compliments, but I took them all as wonderful things! It's the same as when a girl in the nieghborhood told my son that we were "weird". I heard her and thanked her. She looked confused and sheepish. The teachers had the same look as that little girl.

Pinkie's Momma and her Assooze always have been individualists. So it makes sense that she's friendly, but still ends up doing it her own way. That's my Pinkie. She runs with scissors, pokes at cacti, and does flips on her bike! Aye!

My Girl is direct, opinionated, independant, expressive, assertive, noisy, determined, stubborn, and straight forward. Damn! What great traits to have in your 4 year old girl!

What'll I think when she hits adolescence? I'll be PROUD and maybe a little concerned with crazy behavior. But that's as long as she doesn't let anyone get the best of her!

You go, Pink!

3 comments:

el.dude said...

I laughed reading this blog! I wish I could have been in ear-shot! I can just imagine the look on that teacher's face...kinda like the one I got last year.

Rikki said...

Cleo fits this mold, too. Her father calls it her "chronic bad behavior". I say she's an alpha female -- a leader. My mother always said she came by it honestly -- "she comes from a long line of women who have a hard time being assertive without coming off as agressive".

Megan Stuke said...

I'da been a happier kid if I'da had some of Pinkie's will. Never let it be said she's a doormat or conformist. And she's cute as hell.