Friday, November 25, 2005

I must have a Devilment Vein somewhere! I know you all hate things that creep and crawl and scurry, but I've got a place you should check out. Sorry I can't show any pictures because I still don't understand this damn MAC!

Anyways, I love Fiber Arts magazine. I usually see something in it that makes me smile instead of groan about pretentious arteest assholes who think they're pushing an envelope or are just being "ironic". Did I say that?! Oops.

I checked what I believe is the current issue, and my jaw dropped. Here t'is: www.fiberartsmagazine.com/back_issues/11_05/angus.asp

I love all sorts of patterns. Loud, big, subtle, flowing, jarring, soft, femminine, masculine, etc...you name it.

This is where it gets fun...It's bugs. bugsbugsbugs. Enormous patterns of gorgeous, brightly colored, impecably kept specimens delicately laid out as rugs or pinned on walls like bug wallpaper. Made me miss my dazed days of highschool and early college.

I also had the strong urge to take a high tea. This is not a drug reference, but literally "tea" complete with silver utensiles and little sandwiches that don't deserve to be called a sandwiches since they're the size of my thumb.

Which brings me to "Johnny". I have this delightful friend who makes short films in claymation. He'd love this. He has a penchant for yucky things. slimy things. creepy things. He looks normal. VERY normal. Watch out for those! A few years ago he wanted me and my partner at the time to dine elegantly while hundreds of cockroaches scurried across our plates.

HMMM...no I didn't take him up on the offer, but the idea was interesting and this exhibition makes me want to try it out just for laughs and a few retches from others. I'll think on that idea lttle more. mmmm...ok, no, I don't think I will.

This is what I WAS thinking: You folk with unwelcomed extra roommates might think this would be an interesting and beautiful way to display any "trophies" that you acquire.

1 comment:

gb said...

I wish I could there with you on the whole bug thing -- but I really can't. However, if you ever go to London (someday!) you have to go to the Regent's Park Zoo. They have an insect house that I think must have been built with you in mind.

Hope to see you soon!!!