Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snuggle up and give it a kiss

We have 2 new members in my little family. Their names are George and Kelly. They both have six legs and mandables that Bruce Campbell would be jealous of. They're big and black and shiny. They're beetles. My Boy put his name in a raffle where the prizes were 5 crawdaddys. He won. however one died last night. The other winners got to them first, so instead of having one large crawdaddy, we are blessed with 2 large beetles.

I can hear the eeewwws from Johnson County.

I'm glad to have these things instead of the other. And it's not because it grosses out grandma either. I already have one tank of watery life. I don't need another. Now I have this terrarium thing that completely encloses the lifeforms inside, AND I don't have to buy food. I just have to supply tree bark and water, and since we live next to a forest....wood smorgasborg! Cheap and contained! Slightly gross for the old folks. What more can I ask out of a new pet and habitat?

No comments: